Maya Arvigo Abdominal Massage and Pregnancy Massage
WHAT IS IT?
The Arvigo Techniques of Maya Abdominal Therapy are founded on an ancient Maya technique of Abdominal Massage. This technique is performed externally by gently guiding and supporting organs back into their optimal positions, allowing for improved functioning for optimal health and wellness.
Arvigo Therapy is best known for addressing misalignment or congestion in the reproductive organs, as well as many common digestive disorders. The techniques effectively alleviate tissue congestion and organ constriction to improve the vital flows of energy, blood, lymph, nerves in the abdomen. It addresses and can release emotional and energetic tension form the abdomen. This assists to prevent the progression of chronic disease symptomology while improving the body’s ability to SELF REPAIR and BALANCE.
The Arvigo Techniques of Maya Abdominal Therapy support and enhance health and wellness throughout the life cycle for women.
MOST COMMON SYMPTOMS PEOPLE SEEK ARVIGO THERAPY:
- Digestive Disorders (Chrohn’s, Irritable Bowel Syndrome, Gastro Esophageal Reflux Disease, Gastritis, Constipation, Indigestion, etc.)
- Muscular Tension
- Urinary System (Incontinence, frequent urinary infections, etc.)
- Varicose Veins
- Fertility Enhancement
- Post Surgical (scar tissue, recovery, etc)
- Menstural Disorders (Painful/irregular periods)
- Pre-Conception and Postpartum
- C-section/hysterectomy surgery recovery
- Pelvic Organ Congestion
- Polycystic ovarian syndrome
- Chronic bladder/yeast infections
- Pelvic organ prolapse
- As baby and uterus grow, additional strain is put on the uterine and pelvic ligaments and pelvic floor muscles. Arvigo Therapy® normalizes pelvic alignment allowing the uterus to guide itself to optimal positioning in the pelvis.
- Digestion and respiration during pregnancy improved
- We find clients who receive ATMAT® during their pregnancy experience shorter and easier labors.
- Ideally you would schedule 6-9 pre-natal sessions and a six week post partum session as well.
BENEFITS PREGNANCY MASSAGE:
- improve blood flow to mother and baby
- strengthens uterine ligaments and decreases ligament discomfort
- supports optimal fetal alignment
- improves pelvic alignment, addressing sciatic and hip pain.
- improves sacral mobility and alignment to facilitate an efficient birth
- releases tension in rib cage and diaphragm
- increases oxytocin, suppressing tension and anxiety and cultivating confidence for mother and her love of her baby.
- supports emotional healing of past traumas.
- helps with nausea and heartburn.
WHAT TO EXPECT DURING A SESSION:
- Comprehensive review of your past and present healthcare needs focusing on reproductive and digestive health. Please allow 2-hours for your 1st session. 75-minute follow-ups.
- Upper and Lower Abdominal Massage to help:
- Allow reproductive and abdominal organs to optimal position
- Improve circulation to organs
- Promote vital flow to support the body’s inherent healing capacity
- Evaluation of and application of bodywork to improve alignment of spine and hips.
- Instruction in self-care massage to enhance your professional session.
- Recommendations of complimentary modalities to support your health and wellness that may include:
- Faja – a traditional lower abdomen support wrap
- Bajos – traditional herbal pelvic steam bath of the Maya
- Castor oil packs
- Nutritional and herbal support
- Lifestyle education
I will work with you to address your specific needs. Typically, 2-3 professional sessions (at a minimum) are required to address most conditions. Clients who perform their self-care massage on a routine basis report an improvement in their symptoms.